Cranmer Local History Group
Researching the history of Aslockton, Scarrington and Whatton-in-the-Vale - Established 2001
 

Images from the Cranmer Local History Group


The Griffins Head
Image Provided by and Copyright (if any) Public Domain Year image was taken (if known) 1900
The Chesterfield Arms was renamed the Griffins Head was leased by the Nottingham Brewery Company. It later became the property of the Home Brewery Company Limited. This picture dates from about 1900. The 'old' Griffins Head was demolished in 1964 and replaced by a 'typical' Home Brewery property. The 'new' Griffins Head itself was pulled down in 1994 to make way for residential properties, ironically named Griffins End.

 
 
©2013 - 2019 - GR Redford and Cranmer Local History Group all rights reserved.