Cranmer Local History Group
Researching the history of Aslockton, Scarrington and Whatton-in-the-Vale - Established 2001
 

Images from the Cranmer Local History Group


Aslockton New Rooms
Image Provided by and Copyright (if any) 2006 - GR Redford Year image was taken (if known) 2006
The New Rooms were built on land donated by Montagu Haffenden Hall (of Whatton Manor) and paid for by the Church and public subscrption.

The New Rooms were opened in 1914 by Montagu Hall. The building was demolished not long after this photograph and the site sold for the development of residential propertiies. The proceeds from the Land sale formed part of the fund that built the Thomas Cranmer Centre

 
 
©2013 - 2019 - GR Redford and Cranmer Local History Group all rights reserved.