Cranmer Local History Group Newspaper Archive
|Saturday 14th January 1882|
|New window in Whatton Church|
The window at the east end of the north aisle of Whatton Church has been filled with stained glass to the memory of the late Mr. T. Dickinson Hall, of Whatton Manor, the patron of the living, by whom the Church was chiefly restored twelve years ago.
The subject represented is that of the Ascension. The artists were Messrs. Heaton, Butler and Bayne, of Garrick street, London.
The window itself, which is a five-light one, built about the year 1380 over the parish altar of pre-Reformation days, had been carefullt restored by Messrs. Rudd and Son, of Grantham.