|Cranmer Local History Group|
|Researching the history of Aslockton, Scarrington and Whatton-in-the-Vale - Established 2001|
Cranmer Local History Group Newspaper Archive
|Saturday 25th April 1908|
|Marriage of Herbert Sands and Bertha Jane Dalton|
A very pretty wedding was solemnized at the Parish Church, Whatton-in-the-Vale, on Tuesday, between Mr. Herbert Cooper Sands, sons of Mr. John Sands, Waverley Nook, Nottingham, and Miss Bertha Jane Dalton, daughter of Mr. William Dalton, Whatton.
The Rev. Percy Holbrook, Vicar of Holy Trinity, Nottingham officiated, assisted by the Rev. H. F. Ostrehan, Vicar of Whatton.
Miss Flora Dalton (sister of the bride) was bridesmaid, and Mr. Percy Sands acted as best man.
The Church was beautifully decorated. Choice aram lillies, grouped within Communion rails, were kindly lent by Capt. M. H. Hall, of Whatton Manor.
During the assembly of the congregation, the organist, Mr. H. Simons played some excellent selections, and as the happy couple left the Church Mendelson's "Wedding March" was given.
As the bride entered the Church the choir sang, "The Voice that breath'd o'er Eden," and the hymn, "Lead us, Heavenly Father," was also sung.
The bride was becomingly dressed in cream cloth, with hat to match, and carried a boquet of lillies-of-the-vallet. The brdiemaid was dressed in mushroom pink cloth, with hat to match.
The wedding presents were numerous and costly.
After the reception at the bride's home, the happy couple left for Ilfracombe, where the honeymoon is being spent.
|©2013 - 2019 - GR Redford and Cranmer Local History Group all rights reserved.|